This will teach learners the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel worksheets.
Overview of Course:
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Getting Started: To begin, participants will learn the basics of Excel: how to open and close it, how to use the interface, how to create a basic spreadsheet and workbook, how to save and open workbooks, and how to get help.
- The New Interface: Next, participants will closely examine the new interface, including the Quick Access Toolbar and each of the default tabs.
- Excel Basics: In this section, participants will learn more about creating spreadsheets, including how to work with cells, columns,rows, and ranges; adding worksheet labels; basic Excel features and functions; moving data; using Smart Tags; using option buttons; and using Excel's review tools (including spell check, AutoCorrect, and Find and Replace).
- Editing Your Workbook: Participants will learn how to change the way their data appears, including using conditional formatting, the Format Painter, and styles. Participants will also receive an introduction to creating and editing charts.
- Printing and Viewing your Workbook: This section will focus on using the View tab, Print Preview, and Excel's various printing commands.
Learners should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. Users should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Additionally, learners should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.