This course will teach learners how to work with a customized legal brief which has been pre-formatted with Word styles. The benefits of using a styled document include:
- Efficiency: By storing the various formatting requirements in templates and separate styles, you can save a substantial amount of time by allowing styles to do the formatting work for you.
- Consistency: Templates and corresponding styles provide the ability to create consistent formatting to create uniform documents throughout the firm.
- Easily Updateable: When styles are used consistently in a document, you only need to update a given style to change the formatting characteristics of any text formatted in that style. For example, if the font size for all body text must be in 10-point typeface and the body text style is set to 12-point, simply update the format in the Body Text style to update the entire document.
- Manageable Table of Contents: Table of contents can be quickly generated and updated using styles, and without manually marking text.
- Manageable Table of Authorities: Marking and generating the Table of Authorities in Word keeps the process simple and saves money as there are no yearly subscription fees from third party software companies.
What Will Be Learned:
This course will teach learners how to work with a customized legal brief which has been pre-formatted with Word styles.
- Working with Templates and Styles
- Overview of a Customized Brief Templates
- Applying Styles to a Document
- Updating the Table of Contents
- Updating the Tables of Authorities
- Additional Styles and Options
Who It This Segment For?:
This segment is for user who works with complex and long documents.
Learners should have an intermediate knowledge of Word, including topics covered in our word foundation and intermidate courses.
About Our Learning Portal:
In our learning portal allow learns the ability to view the instructor's screen, take control, text chat with other learners, share documents and ask questions using chat or their computer mic. A video of the sharing segment will available for all participants 30 days after the course has taken place. Upon payment, learners will receive a link to the portal for the learning session.