This course will teach learners how compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information and tasks, use notes, and create journal entries using Outlook.
Overview of Course:
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Starting Out: To begin, participants will learn the basics of Outlook: how to open it, how to close it, how to use it (including the To-Do bar, the Reading Pane, the Navigation Pane, toolbars and menus, and a discussion of the two interfaces), and how to get help.
- Receiving E-Mail: Next, participants will learn how to set up an e-mail account and how to work with messages. Participants will also explore the new interface in depth.
- Sending E-Mail: This lesson will teach participants how to compose e-mail. Participants will also learn how to add attachments and hyperlinks, apply themes, attach Outlook items, reply to messages, and use the Drafts folder.
- Information Management: This section will take a brief look at each of Outlook's folders: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, and the Journal.
- Viewing and Printing Participants will learn how to arrange items, customize the Outlook screen, use Print Preview, and print items.
Learners should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. Users should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Additionally, learners should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.