our advanced word course will teach participants how to insert and customize all sorts of exciting word objects, including pictures, clip art, screenshots, shapes, text boxes, watermarks, building blocks, quick parts, smartart, tables, charts, and equations.
Overview of Course:
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Working with Pictures This section will cover everything that participants need to know about adding images to a Word document. To begin, they will learn how to add three different types of pictures to a document: images from a file, Clip Art, and screenshots. Then, they will explore the contextual Picture Tools tab and the mini toolbar for pictures. Editing tasks (such as resizing, moving, cropping, and rotating), picture correction options, image arrangement and grouping, and picture management tools will also be covered.
- Working with Shapes Next, participants will learn all about adding shapes to a Word document. To start, they will learn how to draw shapes and use the contextual Drawing Tools tab. The remainder of the section will focus on editing, formatting, and arranging shapes. Participants will also learn how to add text to shapes and use the various shape-related dialogs. A brief discussion on the Selection Pane and Word's guide and grid features is also included.
- Working with Advanced Graphics and Objects In this section, participants will learn about six different object types. To begin, participants will learn how to insert and use text boxes. Next, WordArt will be covered, followed by SmartArt. Finally, participants will learn about watermarks, Building Blocks, and Quick Parts.
- Creating Tables This section will focus entirely on adding a table to a document. To start, participants will learn how to add various types of tables (including custom tables, Quick Tables, and Excel spreadsheets) to a document. Next, participants will learn how to edit and format a table. Finally, advanced tasks (such as sorting, using formulas, and working with delimited text) will be covered.
- Creating Equations and Charts The first lesson in this section will show participants how to insert and create equations. Then, participants will learn how to insert, edit, format, and analyze an Excel chart.
Learners should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Word Foundation and Word Intermediate courses.